Angel Chocolate Chip Cookies
White, soft, cakelike chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Blend the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the shortening mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes or until barely light brown at the edges.