Giant Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
A good snack for the kids.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, buttermilk, shortening, honey, and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped white chocolate.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 4 minutes, and remove from cookie sheets.