Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Egg Salad and Bacon
Total: Under 5 mins
Active: Under 5 mins
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Egg Salad Gribiche tops toasted country bread and grilled veggies. Any grilled seasonal vegetables are great with this, but we especially like asparagus and scallions. To make these sandwiches while camping, make the egg salad in advance and keep it in the coldest part of your cooler. Let leftover grilled veggies from dinner and extra bacon from breakfast do the rest.
Game plan: These sandwiches are great when the bread is toasted or grilled, but it?s not necessary.
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices pain au levain or other hard country bread (about 1/2 a loaf), toasted
- 12 stalks grilled asparagus (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 8 grilled scallions, cut in half crosswise
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup Egg Salad Gribiche
- Top 4 slices of bread each with 3 stalks of asparagus and 2 scallion halves (trim the length of asparagus and scallions as needed).
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of Egg Salad Gribiche over the vegetables and sprinkle crumbled bacon over the sauce. Top with remaining slices of bread and serve.