Peanut Butter Cookies
This cookies are suitable for breakfast.
- 1/2 c. rice flour
- 3/8 c. tapioca starch
- 3/8 c. sorghum flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. butter flavored Crisco
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
1. Preheat your lovely oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter, shortening and sugars together until fats are nice and fluffy.
3. Add egg and combine.
4. Switch to your paddle attachment and add flours, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda and baking powder a little at a time until combined. Dough will be thick! Add peanut butter last and beat until smooth.
5. Portion out dough into 1 oz (by weight) portions. Or, if you don’t want to break out the scale, make 24 portions. Roll portion dough into a ball shape.
6. On a plate or in a shallow bowl pour out about 1/2 c. granulated sugar. Roll the cookie dough balls in sugar until completely coated.
7. Put sugared dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving ample room for expansion. I got about 12 on an AirBake sheet. Flatten balls with tines of a fork, then turn 90 degrees and do it again to form a criss-cross pattern (try not to do this too hard or you’ll have very flat, but chewy cookies).
8. Bake for 10 minutes, being sure to rotate the cookies at 5 minutes to minimize burning. Allow to cool for 2 or 3 minutes on cookie sheet so cookies will set properly. Cool and devour.
by : http://crystalstair.wordpress.com