Sweet Hot Mustard and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese
Total: 15 mins
Active: 15 mins
Makes: 1 sandwich
It?s a ballpark classic to combine soft pretzels with hot mustard, and it?s a favorite of CHOW Editor in Chief Jane Goldman to combine hard pretzels with Jarlsberg. Here we teamed up all those flavors and toasted the results for a winner of a snack.
Level of difficulty: Easy.
- 1 (3-ounce) Soft Pretzel Roll (or substitute 1/2 Dutch crunch roll)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Hot Mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. While the pan is heating, cut pretzel roll in half lengthwise and press down on each half to flatten. Spread butter on outer side of each half and mustard on inside.
- Once the pan is warm, add 1 roll half buttered side down, top with cheese, and close sandwich with remaining roll half buttered side up.
- Cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes per side.